in 1930 and generously supported by
The Louis August Jonas Foundation, Alumni and Friends
The mission of the Louis August Jonas Foundation is to develop in promising young people from diverse backgrounds lifelong commitment to sensitive and responsible leadership for the betterment of their communities and the world.
Since 1930, the Foundation has pursued this mission through its international scholarship program, Camp Rising Sun, and its network of 4,000 alumni that seek to:
- Foster an appreciation of diversity and friendship across boundaries of color, religion, gender, culture and nationality.
- Expand intellectual horizons and heighten artistic sensibilities.
- Develop self-reliance and leadership abilities that both serve and motivate others.
- Demonstrate a philosophy of living characterized by enhancing one's community by pursuing humanitarian goals.
- Volunteer Weekend at CRS
- CRSpeakers: Private Screening of "Chasing Ice" with Jeff Orlowski, April 14th in NYC
- Dagens Næringsliv CRS Clinton Feature Story (Click here for English Translation)